Selden Market Announces Six New Tenants Arriving This Spring
For Immediate Release
SELDEN MARKET ANNOUNCES SIX NEW TENANTS ARRIVING THIS SPRING
Food, Frames, Fashion and more added to the mix
NORFOLK, Va. – (March 2022) – Selden Market, an award-winning retail incubator, is excited to announce six new tenants opening businesses in the market from April 1 through the beginning of June. The new incubator businesses are the result of a record response to a call for proposals in December 2021.
New tenants include five incubator storefronts and a small-scale manufacturer.
• Bleubeing Studios – Opening April 2022. A high fashion lifestyle brand specializing in ready-to-wear fashion and accessories.
• Shake It Up – Opening April 2022. Norfolk’s first gourmet milkshake shop, offering aesthetically pleasing ice cream and confections.
• Springfield Frames – Opening April 2022. Handmade custom frames with an emphasis on design and individual taste.
• Cocojam – Opening May 2022. A taste of Caribbean culture and lifestyle taking you on a tour around the West Indies with every bite.
• Café Geneviève – Opening June 2022. A true Parisian café experience featuring French macarons, artisan beverages, and a stylish atmosphere.
• Rich Port Coffee. Opening June 2022. A wholesale coffee roasting company helping you create new stories and memories in every cup. Roaster operations only. Not a storefront.
By design, Selden Market is a retail incubator with rotating tenants. Open since 2017, the market has previously staggered the rotation of shops over the years. But this time they are bringing in six new businesses at once to experience the ups and downs of operating a new business together with support from current incubator and mentor tenants like Sugar & Grace Co., Petit a Petit and Werther Leather Goods. You will also see new pop-up businesses this spring including The Hemp Barkery, Aubrena Bakes, Ephe & Esther, and Bella’s Creations with more being added throughout the season.
“We were so impressed with the proposals we received for this round of tenants,” said Selden Market director Careyann Weinberg. “Not only did we receive a notable number of applications, but the quality of proposals forced us to make some difficult decisions and even waitlist several businesses we hope will join us at Selden in the future.”
Weinberg added, “The new tenants will complement our current shops and ensure Selden continues to bring Downtown Norfolk a big dose of local flavor and authenticity brought to you by, and representing, the people that call Norfolk home.”
Selden Market will have new and expanded hours beginning in May 2022. Mon., Wed., Thurs., Sun., 11am-5pm, Fri. & Sat. 11am-6pm. Some stores hold additional hours during the week.
This unique opportunity allows business owners to test ideas and concepts with low rent and low-risk options. Selden Market is an award-winning retail concept from Downtown Norfolk Council that has become a model for cities throughout the United States. It features an eclectic mix of high quality, small businesses with a majority of women- and minority-owned shops. Stay up to date on Selden events, announcements and more on their Instagram.
Selden Market is currently seeking funding for a 2022 renovation and expansion within the historic City-owned Selden Arcade and sponsorships to support their small business incubator and community programs Selden Market is operated by Downtown Norfolk Council (DNC) a private, not-for-profit membership organization comprised of businesses and individuals working toward a dynamic, attractive and prosperous Downtown. DNC also manages the Downtown Norfolk Improvement District, a 50-block special services district with enhanced services that keep Downtown friendly, safe and spotless. Connect with Downtown Norfolk on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or visit downtownnorfolk.org.
Added on January 24, 2024 by Virginia Chamber of Commerce to Chamber News
Added on October 18, 2023 by Amanda Duncan to Chamber NewsRead More