Hampton Roads Chamber Legislative Priorities
The Hampton Roads Chamber works as an impactful advocate, inspiring ignitor, powerful economic partner and regional collaborator. Our members’ business needs are our primary focus, and we will strive to meet those needs through our advocacy efforts.
The Hampton Roads Chamber’s efforts at the state level reflect the following core values:
- Strengthening and diversifying our regional economy
- Enhancing our state’s “business-friendly” climate
- Reducing over-regulation and taxation of business
- Re-shaping education & workforce development
- Improving healthcare access and managing healthcare costs
- Investing in transportation infrastructure, energy and technology
- Supporting initiatives that protect and grow Virginia-based military and federal assets
Each year the Legislative Affairs Committee develops a survey of topics that impact the business community. Members are asked to complete the survey and the committee uses the results to craft the legislative agenda for the next General Assembly session. The legislative agenda is produced by members of the Legislative Affairs Committee and is approved by the Chamber’s Board of Directors. The priorities as determined by the survey are also used to guide the day-to-day lobbying efforts at the local, state, and national levels. This document outlines our positions on critical issues affecting the business community.
Read our current Legislative Priorities Annual Publication.
We recognize the importance of providing a positive business climate and how it affects our future. With a flourishing, business-friendly environment, more jobs will be created, putting more Virginians to work, improving our communities, and finally making Virginia a premier destination to do business. Strengthening the state’s ability to create, attract, retain, and grow jobs for decades to come, is the Chamber’s highest priority!