Are You Using LinkedIn Consistently and Effectively?
If not, you could be missing a key opportunity to market yourself as a professional to know within your industry.
At one of our recent Chamber Education Series, Susan Long-Molnar, President of Managing Communications, spoke on the importance of utilizing LinkedIn to advance your professional profile.
Being on LinkedIn is great, but knowing how to leverage your LinkedIn profile to potentially advance your career is even better. Take a look at Susan’s tips below on how you can start to use your LinkedIn profile to your advantage.
Let’s Advance Your Profile
- Build an Authentic Profile: add your interests, competencies, work history, values, strengths and weaknesses
- Make your profile interesting: your LinkedIn is more than just a resume
- Create posts: don’t just like and share on LinkedIn but be intentional with your posts
- Update important sections: work to update your cover, header, experience section, skills, testimonials and all the added extras that make your profile stand out
- Tell your story: keep it authentic and personal, focus on experience and passions
- Utilize key features: use hashtags, create video content, write LinkedIn articles, use the Feature function and don’t forget to check your analytics
We all know the saying, “Rome was not built in a day.” Well, neither is your LinkedIn profile. However, taking small and strategic steps like the ones above to start consistently and effectively using LinkedIn will surely help advance your profile to showcase the true professional that you are.
We wish you good luck as your grow your LinkedIn and we thank Susan Long-Molnar for sharing her expertise on how to use LinkedIn consistently and effectively with us!
Don’t forget to connect with the Chamber on LinkedIn as well!
Visit the Hampton Roads Chamber for upcoming events and more event recaps.